Staying Up-To-Date to Enrich Lives
Living with cancer is an unfortunate reality for many Washington residents and their families. Cancer Lifeline seeks to maximize the quality of life for individuals living with cancer and their friends, families, and caregivers by providing emotional support, resources, and classes for those in all stages of the cancer process, free of charge.
Staff at Cancer Lifeline knew their website - the gateway into their community and service offerings - wasn’t meeting their needs. Relying on an off-site webmaster to update content created a lag-time that meant their class schedules were out-of-date more often than not.
NPower's web consulting services came to the rescue, giving Cancer Lifeline new technology that allowed staff to quickly update content and class schedules. We also gave the site a much needed facelift, making it attractive and user-friendly, both for staff to update and the general public to navigate.
“You are judged by the appearance you project. Because of the work NPower did, we are able to keep the site current, which is a huge deal!”
-Joseph Yurgevich, Program Director
- Staff needed to be able to update content, especially class schedules, in real-time.
- The previous website looked outdated and staff were not proud of the image it was projecting.
- The NPower team listened carefully as Cancer Lifeline staff brainstormed ideas for a new site. We then presented a flexible proposal, providing a variety of options for moving forward to reach their goals.
- NPower ultimately utilized an easy-to-update content management system for the website, and integrated a customized and user-friendly class registration system.
- As the cherry on top, NPower developed an updated look for their website that reflected the professionalism of the organization and the compassionate care they provide.
- Content updates happen more easily and frequently, leading to more accurate messaging, timely announcements, and generally better communication between Cancer Lifeline and the community they serve.
- The new class registration system requires far less staff time to support, freeing up time to focus on programming that directly supports the mission and those whose lives are affected by cancer.